His name, His messages, His teachings, His music, His divinity and His purity are known by Devotees the world over! He is praised by many and when devotees praise His name it is with prayerful supplication, humility and an abundance of love.
His presence warms the heart of many and from Him bliss and purity radiate. He is not just Swamiji but He is Sadguru, He is Nada Brahma, He is Maha Avatar, He is Appaji and He is Lord Dattatreya- the Holy Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
This post is dedicated to the celebration of Appaji’s 75th Birthday! Appaji- His Holiness Param Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji! Happy 75th Birthday Appaji!
Photo Credit: Datta Peetham
Some may say that I have missed it but Appaji’s birthday continues to be celebrated around the world in the various places He visits. This post has been in the making for some time now and it is finally published. My question is, ‘What do you give a Sadguru who has given so much? ‘
Appaji Humble Pranams to Your Lotus Feet! You have done so much for us that the words Thank You seem inadequate. What we can do is to listen to Your Divine Messages, say Thank You, practice what You share with us, heed Your instructions, lead better lives and become better people. As You say in SGS Posts, “Be good, Do Good”.
Appaji has given us so much and He has not only given so much but day after day He keeps blessing us with His messages and His Divine Darshan. What we need to be disciplined as we read, as we listen, as we put into practice what we read and listen and try each day to be our best versions of ourselves.
Those who read Appaji’s autobiography will know Appaji’s life, His struggles, His uniqueness and they will understand why He is Avadhoota. Those who follow His journey will also understand it and those of you who are Datta devotees will understand how blessed we are.
Following the start of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in Mysore, His Holiness Param Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji continued His journey of selfless service to mankind, His service to Dharma and to the world.
His Holiness was awarded Three World records on His 75th Birthday. These three records added to the previous five Guinness World. They were for:
1. The World’s Largest Hindu Smruti, Bhagavad Gita book in 18 languages was achieved by Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji. Measuring 7 feet by 5 feet this, the World’s Largest Bhagavad Gita book weighs over 800 kilos.
2. The most bird species in an aviary (Shuka Vana) having 468 species.
3. The largest display of bonsai trees (Kishkhinda Moolika Bonsai Garden) which consists of 2649 trees.
The previous five awards were given to His Holiness at the places listed:
1. Most people chanting (31 January 2015)-Hanuman Chalisa Chanting in Tenali, Andra Pradesh, India
2. Largest Music Therapy Session (6 April 2015)- Sydney Opera House in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia; Session lasted 2 ½ hours.
3. Longest Marathon Chanting (Team) of 24 hours, 10 minutes and 8 seconds- (1 August 2015)-–Hanuman Chalisa Chanting, Frisco, Texas.
4. Largest Breathing Exercise (Pranayama) Lesson- (July 10, 2016)- India Community Center, Milpitas, Bay Area, USA
5. Largest Online Video Album with over 40,000 people from 30+ different countries dedicating a prayer chant for the universal brotherhood (July31, 2016)- Dattatreya Yoga Center 85 ft Karya Siddhi Hanuman Murti, Carapichaima, Trinidad.
Following the ceremonies and festivities in Mysore His Holiness travelled to Bengaluru and Hyderabad in India then to Kenya, Frankfurt and London outside India for important tasks. Those who know His Holiness can attest to the fact that His travels are never for leisure but always to help mankind and His followers the world over. His return to India saw the continuation of such work as is always undertaken by Him (His Holiness) and Sri Datta Vijayananda Teertha Swamiji (Sri Bala Swamiji). It included the Nakshatra Ishti 2017 ceremonies, the Ati Rudra Yagya, the National Conference on the Shaastras, Hanuman Jayanti Celebrations and Dattatreya Jayanti Celebrations.
The year’s itinerary culminated with a Nada Geeta Raga Sagara Music for Meditation and Healing concert in Taipei, Taiwan on December 31.
Less than 2 months into 2018 His Holiness has continued to share priceless moments and priceless learning opportunities and opportunities to be eternally treasured with the world. Here are some events in 2018 which you surely would not have missed:
· Hanuman Chalisa Parayana Maha Yagna- Srinivasa Perumal Temple, Serangoon Road, Singapore
· Sankranti Festival in Vijayawada Ashram (His Holiness and Sri Bala Swamiji)
· Rapta Saptami Festival
· Hanuman Chalisa Parayana Maha Yagna in Vizag
· Music for Meditation and Healing at Ukku Auditorium Vizag Steel plant, Vishakhapatnam
To date Appaji has given us Kriya Yoga, Healing Music, daily Sri Chakra Puja, an abundance of bhajans, daily messages and discourses which have crossed the thousands together with 16 Mobile Apps which I have listed below:
· SGS Posts
· Hanuman Chalisa for Pranayama
· SGS Birds-Shukavana
· Bhajan Mala
· Guru Gita
· SGS MMS
· Vishnu Sahasranamam
· Lalita Sahasranama
· Bhagavad Gita-With Audio and Transliterations in Hindi, Telugu and Kannada
· Kavacha Manjari
· Shatashloki Ramayana
· SGS Quotes Mobile
· SGS Hindu Hanuman Chalisa
· SGS Telugu Hanuman Chalisa
· SGS Panchangam
· SGS Kannada Hanuman Chalisa
To access these apps visit either the Apple Store or Google Play Store (depending on your phone type- Apple/Android) search the App and download it.
It is my sincere belief that this video will help many further understand the great work His Holiness is doing and foster a greater appreciation and deeper sense of gratitude for both His Holiness and for Avadhoota Datta Peetham.
In closing I urge all readers to keep following Appaji’s teachings and to keep practicing what His Holiness teaches us. Listen to the messages in His discourses and messages shared through His apps. Practice Kriya Yoga, practice Satwick eating and practice all else that Appaji shares with us and asks us to do!
Appaji, Thank You for all that You have done for us and all that You continue to do for us!
We love You Appaji!