Let’s celebrate the Power of Silence or as I choose to call it, The Lost Art of Shhhh! Silence according to the Merriam Webster dictionary is the “complete absence of sound”. But what is the power of silence? It is the ability to search within and find that inner peace that none can disturb. This is not impossible but like everything else it takes practice. I am happy to share these images with you:
Have a look at this video:
This is an excerpt from a speech by HH Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji on the evening of September 4, 2014 at Meinberg, Germany. Here is the link to the rest of the speech by His Holiness: http://dattavani.org/pravachana-malika/datta-vaakya/datta-vaakya-2014/september-2014/sep-4-2014/
Silence quotes according to HH Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji:
“1) In silence there are no quarrels.
2) Silence lies beyond the realm of judgment.
3) Silence is peace.
4) True silence occurs when the mind is still.
5) In silence there are no questions.
6) Creativity begins with silence.
7) The source of innovation is silence.
8) When the leaves stop rustling, the trees enjoy silence.
9) It is in silence that a fruit ripen to sweetness.
10) A flower gathers its colors in absolute silence.
11) True friends communicate best in silence.
12) Listening to pure silence is bliss.
13) To a screaming mind, silence is unbearable.
14) Silence teaches many things.
15) Silence can be peaceful, uncomfortable or ominous.
16) When thoughts are unclear, silence clears them.
17) A spell of silence brings clarity to situations.
18) Beautiful snowflakes fall so silently.
19) When silence is comfortable, there is peace in the air.
20) Compassion can be shown in perfect silence.
21) The silence of stubbornness is not pleasing.
22) When the mind is silent, the soul gets refreshed.
23) In deep sleep there is silence.
24) Silence speaks more eloquently than words.
25) There is music in silence.
26) Restless minds are frightened by silence.
27) Silence weaves lovely, soothing patterns.
28) Total silence turns the mind off.
29) In silence not even a leaf moves.
30) Words sometimes hinder communication.
31) The mighty and glorious Sun rises in deep silence.
32) The moon beams gently descend in silence.
33) The stars twinkle in absolute silence.
34) Silence empowers.
35) Words create a storm. Silence makes it calm.
36) Silence is sacred.
37) No communication. No conflict.
38) Beyond the realm of judgment lies silence.
39) In peace there is silence.
40) When the mind is still, it is true silence.
41) A questioning mind is not silent.
42) Silence inspires innovation.”
Here we are provided with a lot of great advice! They are priceless words and precious messages. Do not let these messages fall on deaf ears! What do we need to do? We need to Listen, we need to put these words into practice, we need to focus on being more silent. I
In closing please have a look at some of these other quotes which you might find helpful: