Some people can spend all their lives complaining but I can’t. I’m not angry about that. I accept that that’s what makes us diverse and true enough “Celebrating Today!” might be easier for some than it is for others. Additionally people may celebrate today in different ways. Those who know me and I mean really know me would know what some days can be for me. I prefer to be positive and realistic rather than negative and unrealistic.
Of course, I am human so yes, sometimes I may be bogged down, tired and drained, but generally I prefer to be unmoved and press on. I do what needs to be done and make a positive out of Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”. If you cannot remember it, listen to this:
I can celebrate today because:
- I am writing this blog now- today-(Oct. 12, 2014, a day which is here today but gone forever tomorrow).
- I got up to see a new day. Some people did not.
- I can make my COMM350 classmates smile.
- Visitors to my blog are happy. The comments are proof of this and the fact that we have reason to celebrate.
- I was able to see the successes of students of the British Academy for the Academic Year 2013-2014 (this is where I teach-The British Academy, Alexandra St, St. Clair). The successes of these students were recognized at the Prize Giving Ceremony held on Wednesday 10, 2014. (If you are interested in finding out what I am talking about, you can visit, http://britishacademy.edu.tt/our-students/pictures/gallery/prizegiving-2014 and you can also visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-British-Academy/491941737535309.
- I completed Course 1: Foundations for Learning 1: Introduction that I did as part of my professional development with the Commonwealth Education Trust ( If you are interested in finding out more about them, please visit, https://class.coursera.org/)
- My grandparents got to do Puja today. (My grandfather is 80 and just a month short of 81 and my grandma is in her 70’s- that in itself is reason to celebrate).
- I was able to touch base with family and friends and let them know that though I am busy, I enjoy being able to keep in touch and appreciating them.
- I was able to get through with some outstanding stuff.
- I was able to keep up my pace (life and studies).
12 Oct. 2014= Productive + Positive + Enlightening + Enjoyable= A Definite Reason to Celebrate Today!
Generally my lines are:
- God does not give us more than we can handle.
- Look for a positive from every negative.
- God looks after His children and I am a child of God. Similarly as a child of God, God will look after you.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Every experience is a lesson- either we learn from them or we do not.
- I am like the phoenix- I rise from the ashes.
For years these words were on my desk at work when I needed that extra “push” and that “pick me up”. For quite some time it was my ringtone. My modus operandi is getting stuff that resonates with me and that reflect my mood and my personality. Thank you Nickelback and thank you YouTube. The words I refer to are Nickelback’s “If Today was your last day”. Here is the link:
From one friend to another, from a blogger to her audience, I urge you, Let’s Celebrate Today!