Some people can spend all their lives complaining but I can’t. I’m not angry about that. I accept that that’s what makes us diverse and true enough “Celebrating Today!” might be easier for some than it is for others. Additionally people may celebrate today in different ways. Those who know me and I mean really know me would know what some days can be for me. I prefer to be positive and realistic rather than negative and unrealistic.
Of course, I am human so yes, sometimes I may be bogged down, tired and drained, but generally I prefer to be unmoved and press on. I do what needs to be done and make a positive out of Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”. If you cannot remember it, listen to this:
I can celebrate today because:
- I am writing this blog now- today-(Oct. 12, 2014, a day which is here today but gone forever tomorrow).
- I got up to see a new day. Some people did not.
- I can make my COMM350 classmates smile.
- Visitors to my blog are happy. The comments are proof of this and the fact that we have reason to celebrate.
- I was able to see the successes of students of the British Academy for the Academic Year 2013-2014 (this is where I teach-The British Academy, Alexandra St, St. Clair). The successes of these students were recognized at the Prize Giving Ceremony held on Wednesday 10, 2014. (If you are interested in finding out what I am talking about, you can visit, http://britishacademy.edu.tt/our-students/pictures/gallery/prizegiving-2014 and you can also visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-British-Academy/491941737535309.
- I completed Course 1: Foundations for Learning 1: Introduction that I did as part of my professional development with the Commonwealth Education Trust ( If you are interested in finding out more about them, please visit, https://class.coursera.org/)
- My grandparents got to do Puja today. (My grandfather is 80 and just a month short of 81 and my grandma is in her 70’s- that in itself is reason to celebrate).
- I was able to touch base with family and friends and let them know that though I am busy, I enjoy being able to keep in touch and appreciating them.
- I was able to get through with some outstanding stuff.
- I was able to keep up my pace (life and studies).
12 Oct. 2014= Productive + Positive + Enlightening + Enjoyable= A Definite Reason to Celebrate Today!
Generally my lines are:
- God does not give us more than we can handle.
- Look for a positive from every negative.
- God looks after His children and I am a child of God. Similarly as a child of God, God will look after you.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Every experience is a lesson- either we learn from them or we do not.
- I am like the phoenix- I rise from the ashes.
For years these words were on my desk at work when I needed that extra “push” and that “pick me up”. For quite some time it was my ringtone. My modus operandi is getting stuff that resonates with me and that reflect my mood and my personality. Thank you Nickelback and thank you YouTube. The words I refer to are Nickelback’s “If Today was your last day”. Here is the link:
From one friend to another, from a blogger to her audience, I urge you, Let’s Celebrate Today!
14 thoughts on “Celebrating Today!”
those are encouraging words but it’s difficult to feel good sometimes when everyday at that school is WORST than the day before
Always remember that God takes care of His children and though I am far away this is my way of helping you all remain positive and not give up hope. Easier said than done but every day you survive you become stronger and it is one day less of the reality of that trauma. Trust me!
you know what school I’m talking about
Yes, don’t worry! Keep your faith!
I think I need to make a list of my own because staying positive is a serious personal struggle of mine. I am a serious pessimist and I’m not particularly proud of it.
Hi, thank you for your comment! Take it bit by bit and if I can help please know I will. The list sounds like the best place to start!
I love the postive attitude that you bring. I try every day to do the same. Thank you for your insight.
I am happy to hear that you love it! I am always happy to share and indeed you are quite welcome! Keep reading!
LikeLiked by 2 people
I will . Enjoy the music on my blog many have that feel good, vibes.
I surely will! Something to look forward to!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have always admired your strength and perseverance.
One of the things I live by- Carpe Diem! Que sera sera! which translates Seize the day! What will be will be! I try and take it one day at a time. Keep you faith and pace yourself!