What does kindness mean? The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines kindness as “the quality or state of being gentle and considerate.”
My take on kindness is this: Kindness is free. It starts with one and can be spread to millions. I believe that kindness is a way of life and it is something we should always practice. It costs nothing but offer major benefits. Won’t you say?
Here is some information shared by CaCao TV . In this video the history of World Kindness Day is explained. There are 5 fast facts on World Kindness Day that I am certain can help in understanding how important this day is and why it is important. If you cannot click the video below please click on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xStyjUQNrHs
Now, here are some interesting perspectives on kindness! They are all valid and each speaker offers a unique experience! The question it asks is: Are you kind? So are you? In answering yourself please be honest but I am sure that you are reading this because kindness is something you can identify with. Again I have included the link for those who are in need of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oazzrkh2X9o
As we move on I am happy to let you know that I opted to choose the video below because I love the way kindness has been depicted in it. Like the other videos I am sure there is something we can all identify with. This video is very engaging and it helps us understand how kindness helps us as well as others. As with the other videos here is the link in case you need it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju3ygNPFH98
In closing I urge you to always be kind! This message shared by His Holiness Param Pujya Dr. Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji says it all. It provides a profound message on how to life. As His Holiness Param Pujya Dr. Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji says in one of His SGSPosts today, “Be simple, generous, kind and truthful.”
Please don’t let all these precious messages fall on deaf ears! As I always say it’s yours for the taking! Happy World Kindness Day 2017!
Let’s celebrate the Power of Silence or as I choose to call it, The Lost Art of Shhhh! Silence according to the Merriam Webster dictionary is the “complete absence of sound”. But what is the power of silence? It is the ability to search within and find that inner peace that none can disturb. This is not impossible but like everything else it takes practice. I am happy to share these images with you:
Silence quotes according to HH Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji:
“1) In silence there are no quarrels.
2) Silence lies beyond the realm of judgment.
3) Silence is peace.
4) True silence occurs when the mind is still.
5) In silence there are no questions.
6) Creativity begins with silence.
7) The source of innovation is silence.
8) When the leaves stop rustling, the trees enjoy silence.
9) It is in silence that a fruit ripen to sweetness.
10) A flower gathers its colors in absolute silence.
11) True friends communicate best in silence.
12) Listening to pure silence is bliss.
13) To a screaming mind, silence is unbearable.
14) Silence teaches many things.
15) Silence can be peaceful, uncomfortable or ominous.
16) When thoughts are unclear, silence clears them.
17) A spell of silence brings clarity to situations.
18) Beautiful snowflakes fall so silently.
19) When silence is comfortable, there is peace in the air.
20) Compassion can be shown in perfect silence.
21) The silence of stubbornness is not pleasing.
22) When the mind is silent, the soul gets refreshed.
23) In deep sleep there is silence.
24) Silence speaks more eloquently than words.
25) There is music in silence.
26) Restless minds are frightened by silence.
27) Silence weaves lovely, soothing patterns.
28) Total silence turns the mind off.
29) In silence not even a leaf moves.
30) Words sometimes hinder communication.
31) The mighty and glorious Sun rises in deep silence.
32) The moon beams gently descend in silence.
33) The stars twinkle in absolute silence.
34) Silence empowers.
35) Words create a storm. Silence makes it calm.
36) Silence is sacred.
37) No communication. No conflict.
38) Beyond the realm of judgment lies silence.
39) In peace there is silence.
40) When the mind is still, it is true silence.
41) A questioning mind is not silent.
42) Silence inspires innovation.”
Here we are provided with a lot of great advice! They are priceless words and precious messages. Do not let these messages fall on deaf ears! What do we need to do? We need to Listen, we need to put these words into practice, we need to focus on being more silent. I
In closing please have a look at some of these other quotes which you might find helpful: