Jaya Guru Datta
Maybe my post may be considered late but I prefer to think of it as timely. As you read I am certain you will understand why!
In July here in Trinidad we were blessed to be in the presence of pure Divinity as we were blessed with the physical presence of our Sadguru, His Holiness Param Pujya Sri Sri Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji. It was filled with priceless memories, an abundance of blessings and valuable opportunities to do Seva and also be in the Divine Presence of our dear Appaji!
This visit of His Holiness and His Parivaar was a 13 day visit filled with Divine Darshan and pertinent messages that came via His words, His discourses, the Pujas He performed, His Bhajans, His Ragas, His smile, His Countenance, His disposition, His compassion and His actions.
Our Sadguru gave valuable gentle reminders and blessed us immensely in so many ways. In addition to a historic Guru Purnima celebration to remember, we have to also treasure the Datta Ganga Raga Sagara Meditation & Healing Concert that was held at SAPA on July 20th. We were also blessed to share Appaji’s visit with Datta devotees from around the world who visited Trinidad during this time. In every sense every single moment spent in Appaji’s Divine Presence was one to treasure and to value for all of eternity.
On the occasion of Guru Purnima Appaji announced that in 2020 a Maha Rudra Yaga will be held here in Trinidad and asked devotees in Trinidad and throughout the world to chant ‘Shivaaya Rudraaya Namaha’ in the spiritual lead up for this event.
Here is the link you can check on Soundcloud:
Have you begun your chanting yet? If not, hopefully you do soon and please remember to check your count and submit it!
One memorable occasion that I just believe I must share was the morning in the hall of the Ashram when Uncle Sheetal reminded everyone of the need to begin chanting ‘Shivaaya Rudraaya Namaha’. As Uncle Sheetal began the chanting everyone joined in and with the chorus of voices chanting in unison, the energy was powerful and it was building. Everyone was awaiting the presence of our dear Appaji and the chanting felt in every sense like a call to our Beloved Master to bless us with His Divine Presence.
On the day prior to Guru Purnima our dear Appaji gave Mantra Upadesha to over 600 devotees. This is another example of the abundance of blessings we received. If you were one to receive Mantra Upadesha hopefully you have started chanting your Mantra and the instructions from Yoga Sangeeta will help you with submitting the records of your chants for both.
Here is the link for further information: https://www.facebook.com/notes/yoga-sangeeta/logging-guru-mantra-counts/1759122180804379/
The Surya Deva Raga Sagara Music for Meditation and Healing Concert which will take place in Mexico City on November 17 is being jointly organized and coordinated by longstanding devotees of Pujya Sri Swamiji Yogini Kaliji. They are Mr Hector Ruiz and his family, Mr. Venkat Raman and Yogini Kaliji. The last day of Appaji’s visit to Trinidad marked the official launch of the website https://www.sgsmexico2018.com/ which is the main source of information for this site. You will be delighted to find out that a visit to this site would provide everything you need to find out about this concert, accommodation and other treats to look forward to! Two things to look forward to are:
1. Being in the presence of the Divine Master
2. Being a part of a historic occasion as this is the first concert of its kind to be held in Mexico
Please be reminded of all of these ways through which you can serve Sadguru. Here are the ways that were listed for the Guru Purnima post:
· Practise Sadhana
· Understand who you are
· Accept that we are one family
· Keep your focus and serve
· Embrace Appaji’s Daily Messages
· Download Free Apps like SGS Posts, Path, Nadi Shuddi Yoga, Hanuman Chalisa for Parayana, Bhakti Mala English and Livestream and invest in Apps for Purchase like Bhajan Mala, SGS Bhagavad Gita, Divine Darshan, Kavacha Manjari and Vishnu Sahasranamam from Google Playstore for Android Devices and Apple Store for iOS devices
· Develop Your Spirituality
· Ensure that you utilize the services of the bookstores in the Ashrams by purchasing Appaji’s books and cds. Read Appaji’s books, absorb the information in them and put them to daily use. As Appaji says, “Be good, Do Good”. Listen to the music on the cds, learn the bhajans, sing them and glorify the name of God. If purchasing books in print or purchasing cds online is more convenient for you please avail yourself of the opportunity to obtain them and utilize them
· Download the free Kindle App for iOS devices, Android devices and Mac or PC, purchase Appaji’s books that are available in Kindle Edition or get samples of them and add them to a Wishlist so that you can purchase them when you can afford them (Re: https://rachaelathomasj.com/2018/07/17/celebrating-the-availability-of-appajis-books-for-all-datta-devotees-via-kindle-apps)
· Give food and clothing to the less fortunate
· Practise Sattvic living
· Support Shuka Vana
· Use food, music and positive lifestyle changes to uplift yourself
· Learn Bhagavad Gita and Guru Gita
Appaji Thank You for all that You have done for us and for all that You continue to do!
In closing I urge you to continue listening to Appaji’s messages. Heed them, “Be Good, Do Good”, keep chanting and continue doing your Seva. Do enjoy these videos of Appaji singing bhajans that have been posted by Hanuman Hoffman!