On May 26, 2018 thousands around the world gathered at various Datta Centres to celebrate the 76th Birthday of His Holiness Param Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji.
At Mysuru Ashram it was a week of activities and various ceremonies that were broadcasted to audiences the world over by Yoga Sangeeta, filled with priceless memories that we could all treasure. On May 26th His Holiness received His 9th Guinness World Record. This was for the unveiling of the world’s largest stamp (57.9 inches * 77 inches) which depicted the Vishwam Museum of Avadhoota Datta Peetham.
Here in Trinidad there were birthday celebrations for Appaji at the Sri Dattatreya Yoga Centre in Carapichaima, the Sri Sachchidananda Yoga Ashram in Penal and the Pranavananda Ashram located at Temple Street, Beaucarro Village, Carapichaima.
Having a Sadguru like Appaji is a true blessing. As I have said time and time again Appaji has done so much for us and He continues to do so day after day! I mean, can we really measure the number of blessings He has showered on us?
It is in every sense an infinite number of blessings that show His love for us all and His love for all humanity.
Appaji has given us:
1. Datta Centres and Ashrams around the world
2. Healing music and Kriya Yoga. He is Nada Brahma.
3. SGS Posts and on a daily basis He has urged us to, “Be Good, Do Good.”
4. So many apps we could download to our mobile phones and uplift ourselves spiritually
5. Countless opportunities to do Seva
6. Embraced us all and He sees no class, no colour, no creed and no race
7. Lived the life that He talks about through His messages. He is the epitome of Goodness, Purity, Truth, Knowledge and Bliss. Not once does He tell us to do something that He will not do.
8. Blessed us infinitely with messages. Appaji’s messages are always there for us and they are always ours for the taking!
9. Committed Himself to so many causes around the world.
10. Composed so many bhajans and He has shared them with us in so many ways
11. Shared so many discourses with us and travelled to Centres and Ashrams around the world to take care of us!
Appaji gives so much to us and this is what we need to do:
1. Receive His messages
2. Put His messages into practice
3. Adopt them as a way of life
4. Be Good and Do Good
Now is this too much? No it certainly is not!
On the occasion of Appaji’s 76th Birthday I take this opportunity to celebrate our Sadguru by way of sharing these bhajans that have been composed by His Holiness with you.
Appaji thank you for all that You have done for us! We are forever grateful for the abundance of blessings You shower on us and continue to shower on us day after day! Please know that all Datta devotees in Trinidad are eagerly awaiting Your presence and to having You here for Guru Purnima!